Key strategies, proven risk-quality-safety management services, powerful benchmarking opportunities, and resources for evidence-based best practices -- any provider-type can benefit from work with a PSO.
But, what exactly is a Patient Safety Organization?
A quality PSO such as Clarity PSO will build a system that collects, analyzes, and learns from your data in a way that makes your organization smarter and safer, all while increasing your legal protections. Patient Safety Organizations stem from the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005 (PSQIA). The Act called for the creation of PSOs as a means of assessing and improving patient safety outcomes in the US. Through the program all licensed providers are encouraged to collect and report patient safety and quality information to a listed PSO. In return, all data reported to the PSO are held confidential and legally protected from discovery. Hospitals, long term care, home care, medical groups and others can all gain and benefit from this protection.
Why Join Clarity PSO?
Clarity PSO is a division of Clarity Group, Inc., one of the nation's leading healthcare professional liability risk management organizations. We were one of the first federally listed Patient Safety Organizations, and we strive every day to remain one of the best. With Clarity PSO you get...
- Federal legal privilege and confidentiality protections for any patient safety data reported to the PSO
- Reporting tools such as the Healthcare SafetyZone®, with AHRQ Common Format template capabilities
- Creation of your PSES (Patient Safety Evaluation System) by our team of experts who set the standard for proper PSO participation
- Benchmarking via data submission to a national database (Network of Patient Safety Databases)
- In-person and online training rooted in evidence-based best practices
- Expertise in proactive risk assessments, root-cause analyses, and in-depth investigations
- Ongoing support to your quality and safety departments that might not otherwise be affordable
- Access to a national Healthcare Advisory Council that provides evidence-based recommendations on issues that surface via data analysis
Spotlight: Protecting Your Protections
Check out this case study for a recent example of how a Clarity PSO client defended the protections to their patient safety data in court.